Friday 23 May 2014

Kinetic Typography Assignment write up


The title of the work is ready to fall. It is a Kinetic typography of a small portion on lyrics from the song ready to fall by rise against. I created the piece using Adobe Flash.

I used “Gill Sans Ultra Bold” as my font as I font it fit the sound and mood of the songs. I used fast changes and quick movements because the song has a fast tempo. I also used fast transitions between scenes.

I chose these design aspects as I found they fitted the song best. I had tried slow transitions but this made it hard to keep up with the fast paced song. All of my design choices were made around the fact that the song as such a fast pace and loud sound.


I really liked the text that seemed to come out of the screen. I found this to really draw my attention and I saw it as an interesting movement of the text.  I also really liked the song itself, I found it leant itself well to be used for this project. The fast paced music allowed me to do the fast movements I wanted to do.

Some of the main challenges I ran in to was the limited range of motion I had using Flash. The program didn’t let me do some of the things I wanted to do this made me have to chance my design from my original.  Finding motions that I could do that would fit the song and wouldn’t get redundant was hard. If I were to do this again I would take the time to learn Adobe after affects, as it would have given me a greater range of motions I could do.

Some of the things I was most satisfied with were the text that seemed to come out of the screen. Creating this made me feel pretty happy as I have always liked this effect with text.

No comments:

Post a Comment