Sunday 11 May 2014

OCAD University after the trip

While in OCAD one if the first places I ended up was the sculpture area and I noticed one piece that really caught my eye. 
This caught my eye for one main reason it's very scifi. If anyone as played half life or Garry's mod you like me may notice how this kind of looks like a head crab container. Beside the fact that it brought back some great memories I really liked the colours used in the piece it feels so really. This gave me a new found interest in sculpture and I would love to explore more sculptures that have this raw and scifi feeling to it. 



I really liked this work for to reasons the style and the imagery used. I think it shows how our smart phones are becoming extensions of our minds. I looked at all of Alexandro Cameron's work he had on display that day and it was all amazing I found this one to be my favourite. I don't know what it is with this piece but I just really enjoy it. I'm not sure if it's the imagery or the colours or even the organic cube like structures.  

After visiting OCAD I think it's a great place to study but i don't think it would be for me as I don't really see my self going in to a career in the field of art and design. While I do enjoy art and design I am just more passionate about other career fields. 

No comments:

Post a Comment