Monday 16 June 2014

Tech Culminating Self Portrait





In my video self portrait I used a canon D3100 to film, iMovie to edit the clips and garageband to cut the audio. In the video my shots are shaky and unstable because I was trying to create the idea of it being someone seeing me and walking behind me. I also tried to create the idea of unease. Sometimes I feel unsure about things in live and i wanted to show that without coming out and saying it. I have shots where they blur in and out to give a greater sense of unease and how I feel that I don't always see thing clearly. My main goal with this video was not to show whats on the outside but whats on the inside. I use a shot where you see graffiti from a subway window. This shot shows two things the art style I love and my love of traveling. When im traveling I feel at peace with the world ive felt like this since I can remember. I created this feeling by having that was a shot that was steady. I also tried to create the idea of enlightenment when coming out of the station and seeing the graffiti. I did this because when i discovered graffiti it gave me a new way to show feelings and emotions in art work. Up until that point there wasnt really an art style I enjoyed so once I found graffiti and all its styles i was able to find an art style where i could express my self. My video ends on a shot of my self skateboarding in to the darkness of the street. I did this because I love being in the darkness I find it relaxing and fun. I tried to show that by combining my favorite sport with darkness and it went well. The fade in to darkness also showed how east it can be to hide away in the shadows of the night. I chose to use the song Whole Worlds Going Insane by The Insane I chose the song for three reasons. One the song progresses relatively fast and the lyrics say something. That leads me to my second reason, as the title suggests its about the whole world going insane and at these times to me it feels like this is true and the whole world is going insane. Third and finally the genera of music it is, is punk. many people find music to be an escape from life and i do to. For me the most the most effective is punk music and thats why I included it as i felt it needed to be in there to really show me. I also show this in the jacket im wearing as it shows the logos of some of my favorite bands. After all the shooting and editing was finished I can say Im really happy with my work. I think it shows me and who i am and thats what i was trying to do in a creative and different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment