Thursday 10 April 2014

VectorDrawing of an apple


I decided to save my vector drawing of an apple as a .png as I found it worked best for the colours and gradients i used to create it.

To create the drawing I used the pen tool. I tried to use as little anchors as possible. I did this by trying to make anchors stretch around the curves as best as possible. After pen tooling around all the parts I added the colours that i thought best matched the original apple.

While doing this I only came across one or two problems and that was mainly just with the colour. I found the colours were hard to get the colour I wanted and the gradient tool didnt work how i would have liked it to have worked in the program but there isnt really much I could do about that.

Over all im pretty happy about the large apple. I found this one turned out quite well and it look quite nice. The half apple im not so happy with, i feel i could have done so much better on the half apple. Mostly with the pen tooling and the colours in the center. In the future ill know what not to do when making a vector drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment